katie dey 'solipsisters'
Product Information //
- Will ship to arrive on or around the scheduled ship date of 6/17/19
- Any other items placed in an order along with this item will not ship until this item is in stock and ready to ship on or near 6/17/19
- We can not split shipments, please place two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
- We cannot combine separate orders.
- Digital downloads will be available at midnight on the release date. All physical items include a digital download.
- All images of physical items on this page are digital mockups & the final product may differ slightly from what is pictured.
Solipsisters, the follow-up to 2016’s Flood Network, is a lost communique sent hurtling through the empty black of space. In these songs, Katie Dey refuses to be bound within the frailty of human form. Solipsisters insists, lovingly, that our true home lies somewhere just beyond. Her voices crackles as it reaches out, crumbling into the gorgeousness of decay as it reaches toward heaven and falls back down again and again. For all their loveliness, Dey’s songs are rooted in sorrow, in the tacit acknowledgment that this world was never safe for us. On Solipsisters, Dey is resolute. Surrounded by whining whisper synths that mimic the cacophony of a dying world, her trembling voice pushes on into infinity. Solipsisters is a dream made real. Here, Dey creates a world beyond the body, a world beyond the world. Here, at last, we are finally laid to rest, with one another, safe.