One Step Closer 'This Place You Know'
Product Information //
- Vinyl for this release will ship to arrive on or around the scheduled release date of 11/5/21
- Any other items placed in an order along with the vinyl version of this record will not ship until this item is in stock and ready to ship on or near 11/5/21.
- We can not split shipments, please place two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
- Brands specified for merch are subject to change based on availability of product.
- We cannot combine separate orders.
- All images of physical items on this page are digital mockups & the final product may differ slightly from what is pictured.
For Wilkes-Barre’s One Step Closer - the concept of home is complicated. “I’ve never felt so distant in my life,” vocalist Ryan Savitski screams on the lead single “Pringle Street,” a place in his hometown that binds the album’s lyrics to both a precise location and feeling of displacement. On their first ever full-length album and debut for Run For Cover This Place You Know, the band offers a modern coming-of-age story about growing up and grasping both the known and the unknown.
One Step Closer started in 2016 and in their short five years, Savitski, along with drummer Tommy Norton, bassist Brian Talipan and guitarists Ross Thompson & Grady Allen have come into their own as a modern hardcore mainstay. Their 2019 EP ‘From Me To You’ countered existing trends in exchange for a more melodic sound in the vein of bands like Turning Point and Title Fight. They went on to open for Have Heart at the band’s now legendary reunion shows that summer, and joined bands like Knuckle Puck and Turnstile on tour before pausing to write their debut album.
This Place You Know grapples with the weight of themes like isolation, depression, and loss - all amplified by driving bass lines, emphatic guitar riffs and unwavering drumming performed by the band. From the first moments of album opener “I Feel So,” the stakes are made clear by the anchoring lyric ‘this place you know, sometimes it hides the truth and lets people go” - One Step Closer is attempting to resolve the unresolvable anguish of moving on from everything you once knew.
1. I Feel So
2. Lead To Gray
3. Leave Me Behind
4. Home for the Night
5. Pringle Street
7. Time Spent, Too Long
10. As The City Sleeps
500 Pink & Purple Swirl - RFC Exclusive
500 Clear with Gold, Blue & Green Splatter - Triple B Records Exclusive
500 Yellow - Revelation Records Exclusive
500 Blue & White Butterfly with Yellow Splatter (UK/EU) - DSCVRD Magazine / Evil Greed
250 Purple with White Splatter