Portrayal of Guilt 'CHRISTFUCKER'
Product Information //
- Will ship to arrive on or around the scheduled ship date of 12/27/21. Industry-wide vinyl delays and global supply chain issues are causing severe delays, but we are working to get all pre-orders out as quickly as possible given the circumstances. We thank you for your patience and please contact our customer support team with any issues about your order.
- Any other items placed in an order along with this item will not ship until this item is in stock and ready to ship on or near 12/27/21
- We can not split shipments, please place two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
- We cannot combine separate orders.
- Digital downloads will be available at midnight on 11/5/21. All physical items include a digital download.
- All images of physical items on this page are digital mockups & the final product may differ slightly from what is pictured. Shirts that items are mocked on are subject to change based on availability.
UK Customers: Order this product from our UK Store by clicking here.
EU Customers: Order the Evil Greed Exclusive Clear with Red Haze LP variant of CHRISTFUCKER here.
View the Pressing Information section on this page to view more exclusive color vinyl variants.
Please note the following ship dates for the purchasable titles:
Portrayal of Guilt - CHRISTFUCKER CD - 11.5.21
Portrayal of Guilt - CHRISTFUCKER LP - 12.27.21
Portrayal of Guilt / Chat Pile Split 7" - March 2022
Product Details - Vinyl
Reflective silver foil LP Jacket
Die Cut Slip-Case enclosure
24 x 24" Lyric Poster
Digital download code
We each have our own idea of what it means to live through a period filled with perpetual dread, a slowly burning world, and overwhelming darkness. In the case of Portrayal of Guilt, their tortuous afterlife comes with grief, loss, masochism, suffering, and pain.
On CHRISTFUCKER, their second full-length of 2021, Portrayal of Guilt plunges headfirst into unfathomable depths, creating a work of art that’s powerfully unsettling. “We think of it partially in the sense of scoring a horror movie,” guitarist/vocalist Matt King says. “We wanted to create an atmosphere of anxiety and fear.”
The entirety of CHRISTFUCKER is set to unrelenting, nihilistic, howling soundscapes, created by King, drummer James Beveridge, and bassist, Alex Stanfield. Each track tells a story set in the darkest of settings for the listener to interpret and explore.
*Beginning with the ominous “The Sixth Circle,” which features King shrieking over hypnotic guitar patterns and a thudding rhythm, the band eventually roars to life with a tyrannical blast, delving you further into its oppressive heaviness. On “Bed of Ash,” the band plumb new depths while exploring the mechanistic gnashings of industrial drum and bass. On “…where the suffering never ends,” churning, gruesome instrumentals provide the backdrop to a tale of brutal demise.
Recorded at Strange Weather and Circular Ruin studios in Brooklyn with Ben Greenberg, CHRISTFUCKER features guest vocals from Jenna Rose of New York darkwave outfit Anatomy (on “Sadist”) and Touché Amoré vocalist Jeremy Bolm (on “Fall From Grace”). Started in 2017, Portrayal of Guilt have released two full-length albums, two EPs, four splits & a digital single. They’ve toured the world relentlessly since their inception, playing with bands such as Deafheaven, Pg.99, Touché Amoré, Soft Kill and many more...