teen suicide 'honeybee table at the butterfly feast'
Product Information //
- Will ship to arrive on or around the scheduled release date of 8/26/22
- Any other items placed in an order along with this item will not ship until this item is in stock and ready to ship on or near 8/26/22
- We can not split shipments, please place two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
- We cannot combine separate orders.
- Digital downloads will be available at midnight on the release date.
- All images of physical items on this page are digital mockups & the final product may differ slightly from what is pictured.
Subscribe to the RFC Magic Circle Vinyl Subscription and get the next three (or six) Run For Cover Records Releases shipped to you. Order now to include teen suicide's honeybee table at the butterfly feast on subscriber exclusive exclusive Sky Blue & Teal Pinwheel vinyl in your sub.
Teen Suicide is back. Enigmatic songwriter Sam Ray has returned with the announcement of his new album, honeybee table at the butterfly feast, due out August 26th from Run For Cover Records.
With honeybee table at the butterfly feast Ray offers some of the most ambitious work of his career. The sixteen song opus toggles between a wide range of sounds and styles as deftly as it tackles difficult existential ideas.
Since forming Teen Suicide in 2009, Ray has led the project through endless sonic shifts and evolutions, always leaving listeners on their toes but completely along for the ride. From scrappy lo-fi punk to bombastic post-rock to ambient soundscapes, the most consistent thing about Teen Suicide--and its various permutations, like American Pleasure Club--is Ray's intense creativity and the deeply compelling songwriting that results from it. honeybee table at the butterfly feast was written over the course of several years while Ray struggled with a mysterious respiratory illness, which made it very difficult to perform and record—and eventually led to a near death experience. Yet the album is still vibrant and wide-ranging with Ray's artistic restlessness resulting in a genre-spanning journey that finds the songwriter beginning to unpack a new phase of life.