Use Spotify or Apple Music?
Stream 'Youth (10 Year Anniversary Edition)'
Product Information //
*PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM*
- Will ship to arrive on or around the scheduled release date of 6/9/23
- Rugs are estimated to ship starting 6/19/23
- Any other items placed in an order along with this item will not ship until this item is in stock and ready to ship on or near 6/9/23
- We can not split shipments, please place two separate orders if there are other items that you wish to have shipped immediately.
- We cannot combine separate orders.
- Digital downloads will be available at midnight on the release date.
- All images of physical items on this page are digital mockups & the final product may differ slightly from what is pictured
To celebrate 10 years of YOUTH, Citizen and Run For Cover Records have teamed up to completely update the band’s debut LP. Since it’s initial release in 2013, the songs that make up Youth’s tracklist have been staples in mixtapes, playlists and record collections for listeners chasing what felt like a long-lost feeling in alternative music. YOUTH takes notes from the headbanging tempo of grunge, the hazy reverb of shoegaze, and the catharsis of emo together to make something deeply personal and profound. Songs like opener “Roam the Room” and the anthemic sing-a-long “The Summer” have been soundtracked a thousand stagedives at live shows, while pensive and moody songs like “Figure You Out” and “Sleep” offer brief, downtempo respites with blissful melodies. YOUTH also features Citizen’s two most popular songs: “The Night I Drove Alone” builds from a quiet, isolated guitar strum into vocalist & lyricist Mat Kerekes’ diary-like confessional, exploding mid-song into a full-band barrage, while “How Does It Feel?” incorporates dreamy shoegaze elements into a somber mid-tempo wall of sound.
New additions to the vinyl packaging include a die-cut slip-case cover to hold a new rendition of the album’s classic flower text done by artist Mike Adams. Packaging also includes an updated printed inner sleeve with photos from the era as well as lyrics and updated liner notes. This updated version of Citizen’s first record pays homage to a landmark record for the band and re-contextualizes it alongside their ever-growing catalog.
Roam The Room
Figure You Out
How Does It Feel
The Night I Drove Alone
Speaking With A Ghost
Your Head Got Misplaced
Sick and Impatient
200 Black & White Butterfly with Red Splatter
500 Red with Black & Bone Splatter
300 Red, Cloudy Clear & Black Tricolor (BrooklynVegan Exclusive) 4000 Clear Blue*
*This variant was initially listed for sale as 'Evergreen' - these records were pressed on clear blue vinyl due to a pressing plant manufacturing error.